Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Peru


Purchased at the Unicef store for about $40.00. It sits on a cabinet a friend in high school made. His name is Monte Mealy. We had a class together that was considered a studio class, and we individually worked on different projects. I asked him everyday if he was making it for me and he would say no. At the end of the semester he said, "Susan, you can have the cabinet if you still want it." I thought he said, "can't have it" so I replied, "I don't want it anyway." He said, "You have been asking for it all semester and now you don't want it when I offer it to you?" I quickly back peddled and said, "I thought you said that I couldn't have it. I would absolutely love it!" As you can see, he did give it to me. What great memories I have of that guy. He was always so kind and I never heard him say an unkind word.


(L09.B18.R03.)  


No comments:

Post a Comment