Wednesday, December 22, 2010

South Africa, Zulu

Zulu Nativity made of fabric and seed beads. Sometimes I like to use the little figure pictured on the right as Jesus and quote the scripture from Matthew 2:8...
And he (Harod) sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
I like to think that it took a little while for all this to happen, and so Jesus could have been a little child of standing age. I have heard others say that Jesus could still have been just weeks or months old, but I like to think of a  "child" around 18 months. 
About the Zulu from the internet: 
"Zulu people refer to themselves as 'the people of the heavens' and they are the largest ethnic group of South Africa, with an estimated 10 million Zulu residents in KwaZulu-Natal. Zulu is the language of the Zulu people and about 10 million residents are fluent in the language."

((L09.B76.R) 

No comments:

Post a Comment