Tuesday, March 14, 2023

USA, Arizona




My sweet grandkids. This Nativity is made by gluing photos to acrylic and then laser cutting out the shapes to absolute perfection. I had this set made for Samuel as a Christmas gift. The story that follows is the reason: Samuel and I had moved from our big property in Tempe to a much smaller condo in Chandler. We had plans to not have so much work. The large property was expensive, and I think I was a little tired of keeping it looking pristine or at least up to my standards. About a year after we moved, Samuel's father had a stroke. It was a very bad one, and Samuel's mother really needed added support from him, so we offered to move her and Jack to an apartment closer to us. The apartment was about a mile away from us. Well, Samuel helped like that for several months, and we realized that we really needed to be closer, so we placed our condo for sale and moved to an apartment in the same complex so that Samuel would be closer and more available. At that point all of our personal decorations were in storage, and we had no decorations for Christmas, so I came up with this idea. It took me a month to create, and I chose to make the creche out of a moving box. It is really the perfect representation of what we were all going through. In spite of all the sacrifices, we were surrounded by family and surviving nicely. All of our grandkids are featured except the one that was not born yet. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment