Sunday, February 12, 2023

Kenya


This Nativity made from recycled soda pop cans is from Kenya. When I got this set I was so taken by the creativity some people have. I love the idea of using whatever resource you might have and bearing your testimony with it. The first time I saw one of these sets I was able to reach out to the artist and ask if they could make one and not use any cans with sodas that contain caffeine. The person I contacted wrote back and said they would try. The set pictured above is from the advertisement, and I thought it was darling. Eventually I did receive a set, and they still had used sodas that contained caffeine. I realized that it really didn't matter, and I love the set. I added a few pieces myself, making backdrops from cans that opened up and cut into shapes. 

(L09.B49.R05)

No comments:

Post a Comment