Monday, February 13, 2023

Mexico

 

This set was given to me by my kids' 3rd grade teacher, Angie Greener Gillette. She taught Chantal, Samuel Jr., and Clarissa. She was the best and kindest lady. When Samuel Jr. had her, she was expecting her first baby. We really worried about Samuel Jr. because he had anxiety and he loved Angie.  I was really worried about her not coming back to teach. I asked her one day about it, and she said that she didn't think she could afford to come back but that she wanted to. I told her that if she would go back to teaching at least until the end of the school year that I would baby sit for free for her. She could come to my house and nurse the baby whenever she needed to. (We lived directly across the street from the school.) She agreed and after the baby was born, she went back to teaching. We finished out the school year and everything worked out well. She eventually got a baby sitter, and to this day she is still teaching 30 years later. On one of Angie's spring break trips to Mexico she purchased this nativity for me. It is priceless to me. She is a wonderful teacher and friend. (Here we are 30 years later and I'm going to lunch with Angie next week.) 
Tree of life in the background; I picked up from one of my husband's clients that had passed away. The family had taken all they wanted out of the client's house and asked Samuel if he could finish clearing out the house. I loved the tree and thought it would be a great backdrop for this Nativity. 
Donated to Mesa Temple Visitors' Center Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment