Sunday, February 12, 2023

USA, Texas


I have a dear friend from Texas and therefore just had to have this set. The backdrop of stars was made by my son, Samuel Fuller, Jr. The three cast iron stars are welded together and then set in two smaller stars that hold them upright. I purchases the stars individually from my favorite Mexican import store, "Casa Deco." The design of the set is very simple: they are flat sheets of clay that have been dried around a cone. The artist then added the features to make the recognized characters and then glazed them in beautiful earth tones. The shepherd is replaced by a cattleman and has a cow instead of a sheep. So darling. (L09.B74.2bs.R002)

One year at the Visitors Center several sisters were serving there from around the United States. I liked to display sets for the sisters from their state so they could have ownership in the display. That year I purchased this set. I also have sets from the following states: Florida, Georgia, New York, Idaho, Utah, Indiana, New Mexico, Arizona, South Carolina, Missouri, Wisconsin, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Connecticut, Hawaii, New Mexico and California. I love the sister missionaries and their enthusiasm at Christmas time.



No comments:

Post a Comment