Sunday, February 12, 2023

USA, New York

 

This set is from New York. I have unfortunately misidentified it at times as being from New Zealand where wool is a major commodity. It is definitely from New York. 
The following is the artist description: 
"Needle felting is a slow and often painful process- I poke wool fibers together with a barbed needle. One of the things that I love about it is that because it takes so long and such effort it give me ample time to deeply connect with the subject that I am striving to create. These figures all (except for the baby) have wire armature which allows them to be slightly posable. Either Mary or Joseph can cradle the babe in their arms. These figures are tall. Joseph stands approx. 11" Mary stands approx. 10.5" Sheep is 6" long by 5" tall sheep can either stand or lay down."

 (L09.B98.R.38)

No comments:

Post a Comment