Thursday, February 23, 2023

Mexico

This set is so tiny, the people are maybe 1.5". I love the detail and the pastel colors.  The lamb and donkey are very traditional shapes seen in Nativities from Mexico, and Mary and Joseph are more unusual shapes. The backdrop is a Christmas ornament I bought at a garage sale at my friend’s house. That story is kind of bittersweet. My friend had broken her back while getting an MRI; I know it's confusing. She had been so sick and in so much pain and was unable to sit and walk; and long story short, she moved to a group home. She asked to have her house clear out after her children had gotten all of the important things they needed. This ornament is something I bought there. Well, eventually my friend got better! She is walking and doing well. I asked how she was feeling about all her things being gone, and I was told that she was so worried about having to go through everything and was so relieved to not have to worry that the lifted burden may have helped her to recover. What a good attitude. I hope I can be as gracious. 
(L10.B999.R03.)

No comments:

Post a Comment